Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Push - A Review

I have always wanted to watch this movie ever since I watched the trailer some time ago. Anyway, I finally downloaded the movie and watched it. This is one seriously good suspense thriller!


The movie is about people with special psychic abilities all over the world, some working for the government, some being held hostage and used as lab rats, some lives in the world being ruthlessly hunted by the Division. Nick (Chris Evans) saw his father being murdered by Division Agent Carver (Djimon Hounsou). Fast forward to present, grown up Nick met Cassie (Dakota Fanning) and they were both after Kira (Camille Belle), an escaped prisoner with some drug from the Division Lab. After a series of cat and dog chase and endless mastermind, well, couldn't reveal the plot too much without giving away the suspense. Anyway, happy and surprising ending!!


I love the plot. It is so nicely arranged and the whole suspense in it. This movie keeps me wanting to know what will happen next. And the element of surprise is definitely very interesting! The effects of the movie is not bad. It is rather realistic but cool at the same time. I love Dakota Fanning in this movie. She played a 13 year old girl but as usual, she played it with such maturity and it turns out to be really good!


The cinematography and camera angle were wonderful too. It provides a realistic but sophisticated feel to the movie at the same time. I am mostly too kept up with the movie to actually look for holes or parody because it is like blow-by-blow action all the time. Indeed, a very exciting movie.


Ratings : 8/10. I have exams this Friday and yet I do not regret spending 2 hours watching this movie.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails