Monday, May 4, 2009

Till Death Do Us Part

Today, a grief news reached my ears... A death of something precious...

"To have and to hold, from this day forward, for better for worse, for richer for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, till death do us part."

The common marriage vow. One that we heard in so many ceremonies and on countless TV shows. One that is so common, where its meaning is lost within so many souls.

Marriage, a very foreign concept, something that has yet to earn my belief in it. What is the point of marriage when there is divorce? People divorce and remarry... Couples that date can break up any time he/she wants... Hell, even if you die, your spouse might remarry... Is there eternal love? Or "forever"? "Forever" only exist only when you believe in it. Once the sacred trust is lost, this word cease to exist. That is why, don't make promises with the word "Forever", cause chances are, you are going to break this promise.

Friends FOREVER, remains true as long as we don't quarrel.
I love you FOREVER, remains true as long as you do what I want.
I'll be by your side FOREVER, remains true when I feel like I want to be by your side.
I will never leave you FOREVER, remains true when I am free to hang around.

See, the word FOREVER are so easily flaunted in front of everyone. It is as common and as normal as breathing or eating, that people seem to not understand what it really means. When the word FOREVER is put in any kind of promise or vows, it only makes it more painful when the promise or vow is broken.

Till Death Do Us Part... Yea, when our love for each other die, we part...

To my dear friend, if you happen to read this, know that I am sorry to hear your news. I dare not promise I'll be by your side forever, but I can promise that when you need me to overcome this emotion thunderstorm, I will be there... Be strong, my love, we don't need guys to survive...

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails