Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Match Point - A Review

I watched this some time ago, but today, I finally sat down and watched this movie again. This is one slow-paced thriller than had me almost at the edge of my chair (well, literally, edge of my bed)


This movie is a suspense romance starring Jonathan Rhys- Meyers, Scarlett Johansson, Emily Mortimer and a bunch of unknown actors. This movie is directed by Woody Allen, with dash of style and a sense of dark humour. Since this is a suspense romance where everything depends greatly on the plot, I don't want to say anything about the story that might give away spoilers. Basically, this movie is about two tormented souls that had an affair while one being married and the other being excessively needy. Something happened in between, resulting in a very very shocking ending.


The point is, Jonathan Rhys Meyers is HOT!!! I already love that guy in The Tudors. But watching this movie, I definitely had a crush on him!! And he look even hotter with Scarlett Johansson. Emily Mortimer is good looking too, but her character which consistently whine and complained really took the fun out of watching her. No wonder Jonathan Rhys Meyers' character had an affair with Scarlett Johansson's character. LOL...


The plot is relatively simple. The backdrop is elegant, almost tasteful and classic. The background music consist of opera singing and some really good sopranos, which actually heightens the mood of the scenes. This movie spells simplicity all over. That is why I love it so much.


Ratings : 7/10. Not for those looking for sexy hot sticky romance, but they do have some... er... interesting... ahem...scenes... The main attraction of this movie to me is the dark sense of humour and well, Jonathan Rhys Meyers...

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails