Monday, May 11, 2009

Fairytale With No Happy Ending

This is a big world
An oyster of opportunities
An world of possibilities
That was a small town
And I am holding my guitar
Strumming along the breeze
Singing a song to a lover
That never loved back

Life is like dark chocolate
One part sweet
Three parts bitter
I just wanna make milk chocolate
And I am holding my guitar
Strumming along to the silence of the night
Singing songs to couples on the street
With dreams I can never have

Knight in shining armour
Juliet's Romeo
Elizabeth's Mr Darcy
Someone that kiss Snow White back to life
And I am holding my guitar
Strumming to hopeful children
Singing fairy tales to them
Before they know that it is not real

I pace back and forth
Holding on because I still believe you
Maybe I was naive
Got lost it your kiss and never really found myself
And I am holding my guitar
Strumming to you
Singing a love story with white horses and fearless love
But I know I'm not your princess

Dreams with happy endings
Castle built on thin air
A familiar shadow walking away
A familiar gesture of disappointment
And I am holding my guitar
Strumming to broken promises
Singing to the teardrops on my guitar
Weeping deep inside where you can't see

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails