Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Thinking back...

2008... was indeed a memorable year to me...


Thinking back... My most memorable incidents in 2008...

2008... The year I left home and stayed in Kampar... Was a terrifying experience at first... Cause the longest and furthest I've been away from home was during school camps and conferences. I remember having a sorta nervous breakdown when I really missed home in the first few weeks. But thinking back, it was at experience, an eye opener... I have to thank girl guiding a lot for building my foundation of independence...

2008... The year I started working part time at Erican's because I was too bored at home after SPM. I learnt what it was like to earn your own money. I know my parents worked hard to feed the family, but earning and spending your own money? It makes me appreciate my parents more, and of course, I learnt the real thing of managing my own accounts. Along the way, I've learnt the many ways of life, that is how to work with others and try to learn from others, no matter they are older or younger than me. I personally think that working with children in Erican has somehow increase my level of tolerance towards noise and kids...

2008... The year where I make more friends. University life has the biggest lesson to me... There was a chinese proverb, one depend on family at home, but depend on friends outside home. How true was that!! I've made wonderful friends who stick with me through thick and thin... And never leave me behind, no matter how slow I eat, how late I wake up, and how annoying I am... And I am forever thankful to have such blessing in my life!!


2008... The year where I learnt to love the rain more... Kampar is undeniably a beautiful town, with a lot of rain. I've always love the rain. But in Kampar, I love it more. Cycling in the rain was wonderful. Dancing in the rain was even greater!! I guessed anyone who follow my blog will know how much I am in love with rain...

2008... The year where I learnt an important skill... CYCLING!!! Years back, my brother tried to teach me cycling... But we both failed miserably... He permanently labelled me as bicycle- dumb... But since bicycle is the most important transport in Kampar, I had no choice but to learn to cycle, and I DID IT!!! Cycling is cool. It gets me to places, help me release stress, get me heaps of injuries, and inspired the Chronicles of Bicycle...

2008... The year where I was touched by angels... True friends of mine, you know who you are... Thank you for all your love and support all the while. I will never forget our crazy adventures at night and in the rain. The other three Queens in my heart, you know who you are, thanks for every memory that you shared with me. And you... thank you for walking me home that day. It hurts me to see you unhappy... Cheer up, ok?

2008... Never thought I would say this, but this is the year I realised how much I miss my brother. Distance makes the heart grows fonder... That is true... Before I leave home, our house was never quiet because the two siblings will be forever fighting. But after I left home for education, as much as he denies it, we actually miss each other. I mean, who can be a better punching bag than my own brother? (Hahaha... Yea, no one can bully my brother, except me!!!) And those 3am session heart to heart talk with my bro... Though we were both half asleep, but actually I enjoyed every moment of it.

2008... Thank you God for surrounding me with so much blessings. I've learnt to stand up after each fall, and learnt to embrace each lesson in life gracefully. I hope that everything will be better in 2009.

HAPPY NEW YEAR 2009!!!




No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails