Sunday, May 30, 2010

Valentine's Day - A Review

Okay... I know it's May, almost June, and no where near Valentine's Day...
But yours truly is feeling all mushy-lushy-lovey-dovey... So I watched this movie =)


The whole point of the movie is Valentine's Day, just as the title suggested. Every frame of the movie was bombarded by HUGE stars with HUGE names. And as expected, there are people who lived for the day, people who runs away from the day, people who is crazy for the day and people who are not aware of the day.


My favourite couple is Ashton Kutcher and Jennifer Garner, who started as best friends but ending for them was sooooo romantic.


And I really think that Taylor Swift should stay with playing guitar. Her character was totally bimbo. And Taylor Lautner, is soooooooooo KAYU (wood).


But I kinda like their friends who tried to have sex for the first time on this very special day! My favourite scene was the guy rehearse singing naked in her room!


Appearances by heartthrobs like McDreamy and McSteamy was.... surprising. I mean how their characters are. I totally love how Patrick Dempsey was dumped. I must remember to do that when I have the chance to!


One notable thing about this movie is the dialogues. They are not cheesy at all! In fact, Anne Hathaway's lines were so funny that I look forward to every single line she said. Of course it helps that she is a very good actress that can carry the lines and deliver them to perfection!


I also love the soundtrack! All very cheerful and happy songs by great artists. Joss Stone's "4 & 20" in the album is my favourite. Those by Taylor Swift's are okay, but not remarkable. The whole OST album carries this sort of jazzy classy taste to it. Love it!


However, there is this line that got stuck in my head for a very long time.

There was a scene where Ashton Kutcher asked his friend how he maintains a happy marriage.

That friend simply replied, "It's simple. I married my best friend."

That is exactly what I want to do. Marry my best friend! I mean, there must be a reason he is my best friend right? That he was there for all the ups and downs and lefts and rights. This guy must have known me inside out, seen me when I am happy and sad, polite and bitchy, serious and bimbo.


But but but.... I don't think anyone of my guy best friends want to marry me... They have seen and know too much...

So, anyone wants to be my new best friend?


Ratings : 7/10. Enjoyable but not epic scale.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails