Thursday, October 22, 2009

You Are My Strength

The start of a new semester... Not typically encouraging, given my poor performance in the previous semester. Feels like I have the jitters, that things are going to go wrong again, no matter what I do...

I am not a particularly religious person, and not a Christian. But I read a verse somewhere. It inspired me. It reminded me that I am human that I am not perfect. It reminded me that I will not be able to do anything as long as I continue to doubt myself. It reminded me that God is with me as long as I let Him.

God, You are my strength. I believe that You created me for a higher purpose. And I will not give up myself simply because you put an obstacle in front of me. I will be that piece of clay that You pat on in order to make me into a useful pottery. Amen.



You are my strength
Strength like no other
Strength like no other
Reaches to me

You are my hope
Hope like no other
Hope like no other
Reaches to me

In the fullness of your grace
In the power of your name
You lift me up
You lift me up

Unfailing love
Stronger than mountains
Deeper than oceans
Reaches to me

PS : I am not sure if I make sense. Sometimes even I don't make sense to myself. But to those who feels like I do, to those who feels like you have failed yourself last semester, or to those that you don't feel like working hard this semester, don't be. Pull yourself up, kick start that engine, and we work towards the pursuit of knowledge!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails