Wednesday, October 28, 2009

First Aider in Every Home Camp 2009

Last weekend I went for a camp in Gopeng. Kem Kepimpinan Gemilang is an NS camp and UTAR's First Aid Society had decided to send us there for a first aid training instead of the usual in-the-meeting-room course. Besides first aid training, we experienced camp life there for two days.

The camp site

I have had my fair share of experience camping so this experience wasn't entirely new to me. However, the highlights for me were the water- rafting and also night jungle trekking. Both experiences were terrifying but exciting at the same time. The physical challenges were equally fun, even though I did some of them before. The interesting part was that the challenges were done with different strategy and ways compared to last time. Very interesting human interaction indeed!!

Briefing when we arrived at the campsite

Again, no camp is complete without me ending up in the sick bay... I got stomach cramps the moment I got onto the bus (No, it wasn't anxiety... I am a seasoned camper...) I think it was the food I took the night before... And also, I cut my fingers with the rope during the Tarzan Swing physical activity. It was rather embarrassing since I don't know how, sort of let go of the rope when I fell into the not-so-deep water. And since I can't swim and I can't stand on the slippery base either, I think I spent at least 5 seconds underwater, thinking that I was going to drown. Imagine my panic!! Thanks to the guys around whom I can't remember their names for pulling me out of the water!!

Ok, let the pictures do the talking... Photo credits to Ooi Chee Chuan, Wilson Teoh, Danny Shee, and Marcus Ooi.

Water rafting and kayaking...
We splashed each other with water once we get near each other...
WATER BATTLE!!!

First Aid talk by Mr Chua.
He was hilarious!!

Danny Shee practicing CPR on Little Anne...

Ooi Chee Chuan also practicing CPR...

Are they practicing bandaging or Mr Napkin?

Quek, our chairman, eating lunch

My group mate posing with a slice of watermelon

After the night jungle trekking

Playing with the flag poles...
Until accident happened...
Danny and Maddy... You two ROCK!!!

Organising committee, Hanessa and Danny

During camp fire...
Though the camp fire wasn't up to satisfaction,
but I think some of them had a great time..

Playing creativity games on Day 2...
Marcus only managed to capture my hair (the redhead on the right)...

Quek resting on the field....

Other groups playing the creativity game...
Guess whose butt is that? ;)

Trainers demonstrating how to climb the wall...

This is parkour style man!!

Group photo at the base of flying fox platform

Flying fox!!
(That girl was not me... I think it was Hui Kee)
But this one for me was a little boring...
I did flying fox for like... five or six times before...

First Aid Club members at the camp...
(The camp was opened to non-members as well)

All campers at the camp...
About 80 people there...

My group members, White Group
From left, Rainz, Sin Yee, Jamie, Mei Jing, Amanda,
Eric Tan, Yuen Four, Hoong, me, Mui Xian

Organising committee

Credits to DANNY SHEE...
I already injured... Half dead with the overflooding of pain signals...
And Danny took an embarassing picture of me...

It was a great camp. Thanks to the committees for all your effort. It was fun and beneficial, despite the aches and lethargy after the camp.

I am not a committee of the First Aid Society and no one pay me to advertise, but ladies and gentleman, JOIN THE FIRST AID SOCIETY!! All the activities are truly beneficial and fun!

Looking forward to this weekend's First Aid special training...
I wonder if I can pass the St John Corporal test again or not...
Haha...

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails