Friday, October 23, 2009

Little Life Journey

After looking at my blog history and transferring photos from my phone, I realised that it has been a while since I update on my life. Well, quite busy with the hospital trips, birthday celebrations and of course, start of a new semester...

Anyway, for the past month, I got a lot of interesting experiences. For one, I had a taste of what nurses or private care workers do by taking care of my recovering grandma. While everyone was blogging about how fun their Mid Autumn Mooncake Festival was, I had a one-of-a-kind celebration. We did it in the hospital. Yes, all 10 of us crammed in that small hospital single room. Of course no lanterns... But we were watching TV and eating mooncake. No grand dinner but a lot of Twisties and Buritos. It was the simplest celebration in years, but I dare say it was the warmest celebration.

My royal duty of cutting the moon cake in the hospital

Also, because of "my diligent care for my grandma" (I quote my Aunt), she brought me to this really cool diner in Greentown, called David's Diner. This place serves entirely traditional American Food. The pricing wasn't really the average pricing. But the food... Gosh, I swear I got a heart attack when I saw how big a plate it was!! The meat was marinated with herbs and the Tacos fried to crunchy crisp brown. Love it!!

My grape snowy...

Very nicely decorateeed

Chicken soup with garlic bread in David's Diner

October is really a birthday month. On 5 October, we had a really simple celebration for my dad at home. It was Suk Ning's birthday too... Belated Happy Birthday girl!!

Daddy's Chocolate Mocha cake

Yea, I know... I am a daddy's girl... *wink*

On 11 October, it was my uncle's birthday. Unfortunately we didn't had any celebration. But at least his wife got him the ceremonious cake... And of course, baby Yun Si was home...

21 October, it was Hon Yeun's birthday. 22 October, it was Goldon's birthday, Vee's birthday, Nithiya's birthday, etc... We only got to celebrate Vee's birthday in the house. But I like to extend my birthday greetings to all of them. By the way, Vee's birthday was really fun... We did a lot of funny stuff in Nicole and Kumutha's room... Zac trying to burn everything he can find, just so to play with the lighter. They nearly burn my pants!!! But Vee didn't dance for us despite popular demands...
Vee's cake with extra cute stuff...
Maklumlah dia tu Cute Queen

Coming, 25 October, it will be my dearest Brother's birthday. Due to some other events this weekend, me and my dad won't be at home. So we threw Raymond an early birthday party at home. (Don't worry, I will keep my promise and pay for whatever gift you chose, hehe...)

My Bro's very special square cake...
He said it is the easiest to cut wor...

I wonder why we are not smiling widely at the camera...
Caught off guard perhaps?

Wonder what he was wishing for...

Making funny faces after cutting the cake!!

Back to campus... Nothing much besides really hypnotic boring classes. Gosh, how can 3 hours lectures, twice a week of Pendidikan Moral and Pengajian Malaysia be interesting? Computer Systems and Applications wasn't that bad though... We already learned some of the stuff, but it's good to have a recap... But that doesn't stop us from having fun in class... Watching Zac vs Kumutha's Mess Her Hair Up combat is always the highlight of the lecture. Battle of Wits between Nicole and Hon Yeun are always fun to watch... Not to mention take count of how much Ming Tze the Snack King eats in class... Of course, watching Levnn's copyrighted "sien" face can be entertainment every now and then...

Everyone's sien face in class...

I wonder what Nicole was trying to...

Alas, this weekend I will be off to a camp in Gopeng. First Aider in Every Home... Looking forward to kayaking and flying fox!! And jungle trekking at night!! Wonder if there will be abseiling... It has been a long while since I did abseiling...

Have a fun weekend!!

1 comment:

Lee said...

Hello Ryanne, very nice pics. And can see you daddy's girl, ha ha. Dad's always love their 'baby girls' no matter how grown up they may be.
Ti fathers, their daughters never grow up.

Ahhh, Green town. I still remember that place back in the 70's, 80's.
I remember I used to eat yong tau fu from a stall near the Hong Kong bank, a corner coffee shop. As well rojak at the big tree outside the Ipoh Municipality building.

By the way, you might not know this, one time Ipoh had lots of Indians working there, and I.P.O.H. was jokingly referred to as, 'Indian People's Only Hope', ha ha.

I used to poach at nights with an SYT beside me for fish at that Taman forgot the Indian name...
Love Ipoh and the food there.

I love that 2 Indian stores at one time Tambun road bus terminal for their banana leaf or nasi kandar. Delicious!
Will check out these places when I return one day.
Have a nice weekend, Lee.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails